Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Continue/Stop/Rise Review

artist-

mozu_hayanie

Writing this review kinda hurt me a little inside. Not because the game is terrible per se, nor do is it because I have a heart disease. No, the reason is that this was the first OFF fangame I had ever played, and fell in love with it (figuratively).

Plot,Characters, and Writing
Honestly, compared to other OFF fangames I've played, this one's plot definitely sticks out. The whole Heaven merging with Earth is a pretty cool idea and the Add-Ons becoming sentient and all was nice. The Batter Trio were the most notably memorable and multilayered characters, which honestly surprised me. Some humor is cleverly written as well.
All gushing aside, it's time to talk negative. The biggest problem I, and a lot of other people,  have with Continue/Stop/Rise is that's too depressing, and that a good majority of scenes were way to dark(I'm looking at you Black Batter). 

Graphics, Music and Art
The graphics are nothing to write home about. Just some average OFF fangame sprites mixed with the RPG Maker's RTP tilesets
The music is nothing too interesting, mostly composed of ambiance .
Art is fine. Tries to get Mortis Ghost's style and...fails. (Not spectacularly, mind you.)  Some anatomy errors here and there, but nothing too severe

Gameplay,Mechanics, and Controls
Continue/Stop/Rise is OFF fangame and follows the traditional OFF game formula. There are a few notable bosses that'll got me stuck. Puzzles are lackluster, definitively not the best.

Conclusion
Continue/Stop/Rise is just meh. Story is good, but that's all notable about it. If you're looking for a good OFF game, I suggest playing HOME instead. 
(Sorry about the short review, nothing much to say about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment